Thursday 11 May 2023

A difficult day

Thursday May 11th, 2023

Everybody slept late - Paul because he was exhausted and my friend and I because of having had a bad night. My back seemed better so I did my Zoom Pilates class, thinking the exercise could only help. However, as soon as I started showering and getting dressed afterwards my back became painful again, so there was little prospect of my going out and walking around. It was raining and windy anyway. It was also very cold - 14 degrees. Clearly, winter hasn’t gone away.

My back seemed better after lunch, and the rain had more or less stopped, so we decided to walk to the Arsenale stop and take a boat to do some sightseeing. It takes just over 15 minutes to walk from the flat to the Arsenale, and by the time we got there, my back was so bad it was clear there was no prospect of any sightseeing, so we were obliged to turn round and go back to the flat. 

Although it was not actually raining, it was very dark and the streets were very wet. 



This is the view towards San Giorgio Maggiore. You can see how dark the sky is - the rain arrived again shortly after I took this.

The sky looked slightly better in the other direction, up towards the Arsenale.





So we will hope for better weather tomorrow. And we’ll hope for my back to be better. I really don’t want to have to spend my holiday lying down swallowing paracetamol!


No comments:

Post a Comment