Monday 14 January 2013

Days 8 and 9

Sunday 13th and Monday 14th January

Really, things have not gone too well these last two days. My expensive Internet connection ran out on Saturday night, so I paid for a cheaper one on Sunday morning. It worked for about an hour, and then all Internet connection to the whole resort stopped. I have since been told that there was a power problem. Anyway, nobody had any Internet connection at all on Sunday - you couldn't log on to any of the providers' sites so I didn't even have the option of throwing money away on an alternative provider.

We also had no hot water! I heated saucepans of water and had a stand-up wash - going back in time more than 50 years. Paul just stank! I didn't go out to ski as my knee was still painful. Thank goodness for Kindle - the extra expense of the 3G one definitely proved itself, at least I had something to read. Paul enjoyed the snow, and I wished I had been able to do so.

On Monday, my Internet connection had still not come back. Paul's more expensive one started working about 10.30am, so I spent some time trying to make mine work as well, with no joy. Eventually, I used Paul's PC to email my provider to ask what was going on, though I got no reply at first. I also discovered that my credit card was trying to charge me a second time for December's bill, which I had already paid. Paul went out to ski while I spent a long time composing acrimonious emails. Then I had to boil more water and have another wash. 

Paul came back to lunch, and then we went to Reception to try to sort out our cold water problem. Reception in our building was closed, but I was able to find a sympathetic lady at the main building's Reception, and she said somebody would call later in the afternoon. So Paul went back to ski, and I waited in for the 'technician'. My knee wasn't right yet anyway, also my French is better than Paul's and I'm not quite so deaf. By the time Paul returned from a good afternoon on the powder, we had hot water and he was able to have a shower. 

My Internet connection was also back late this afternoon, so I hope to be able to post this. Tomorrow, as long as the weather isn't too terrible, I will try my rested knee back out on the slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment