Monday 28 January 2013

Last Day

Friday 18th January

Well, I didn't manage to finish this off for 10 days, but at last I have time to get more or less up to date again.

We were fortunate that it was the most beautiful weather for our last day and I started out on the lower slopes while Paul went up higher to see if he could find another suitable slope for me. After some time, he returned to say he had found a suitable route, so we went high up on a very long chair lift, from which there were some wonderful views.



We looked out on one of the upper villages as we passed.



We seemed to be on the roof of the world when we arrived, nothing but snow and white peaks from horizon to horizon. Then I discovered that Paul's idea of a suitable route involved a narrow path that seemed to me to cross the face of a cliff, and I felt I couldn't manage it.


Moreover, I seemed to have twisted my knee a bit as we skied down from the chair lift, and I certainly didn't want to ski miles on a painful knee. So I wimped out and decided just to go back to the village on the chair lift.

The views from the chair were even more spectacular on the way back down. 



I went back to put an ice-pack on my knee. Later, we did our packing and cleaned and tidied the apartment so as to be ready to leave on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment