Saturday 4 February 2012

Breckenridge Day 10

Friday 3rd February

Today was the day I had my final (I hope) visit to the Medical Clinic. We set out early, because they get busy with the broken bones after 10am. So we didn't have long to wait and I saw the same doctor I had seen on my first visit.

My blood oxygen level is now 93%, which he says is acceptable at this altitude. He gave me some more Diamox for the altitude, and told me to be sure to continue the antibiotic as the bronchitis is still there, although it is a lot better. I have to continue with the oxygen at night and if I feel the need of it during the day. And he cleared me to do some gentle skiing, though I have to stay on the lower slopes. Of course, I have to stop if I get very breathless.

Since it is a cold grey day, I decided not to ski today. And I won't ski over the weekend either, since the lower slopes are very crowded with out-of-control people who are skiing or snowboarding much too fast. I have enough problems already.

Paul went out to ski almost as soon as we got back. I had been hoping he might take some nice pictures, but I'm afraid it's rather too grey and gloomy for that. When he returned he was very tired and cold, in fact it has been very cold all day today. I am wearing lots of clothes, but it doesn't seem to help.

Posted via DraftCraft app

No comments:

Post a Comment