Saturday 25 February 2012

Breckenridge Day 22 & 23

Still trying to catch up!

Wednesday 23rd February

We are back again in the original condo we had when we first arrived - the building is called Val d'Isere.

We set out in the morning to see what progress I might have made during our time at Copper Mountain, so we started at Beaver Run, as usual. On the way up on the big 6 person Quicksilver lift, I noticed that the 'A' chair was running, so we skied down to that, and went higher up the mountain. This chair is very slow and has no footrests, so your legs just have to dangle, but it does take you a bit higher up, and it wasn't terribly busy.



As you can see, it wasn't a very nice day. You can probably also see that there is only one person on this run, and he or she has fallen over and is lying in the snow.

I managed that long run without too much trouble, so we skied right down to the Beaver Run chair, and went even higher up the mountain. Although I have done this run before, it is a lot steeper and I suddenly found it difficult; the wind was very strong and seemed to be pushing me along, much faster than I really wanted to go, and the snow was blowing too. I did not enjoy it.




Paul took this picture for me, and didn't include me in it, which is just as well, as I did not look happy. I made it down though, without falling over, and I managed to avoid all the other skiers. My legs and knees got very tired and sore, so we went back home to lunch.

After lunch, I was still very tired and stiff, and Paul hadn't really recovered from his exertions the previous day, so we had a rest. We made another food shopping trip later in the afternoon - when you have no car and have to carry everything, you can't shop for a week. This is on the walk to the Supermarket, it's the Blue River, which these days is probably more of a stream.




Thursday 24th February

My poor knees had still not recovered from the previous day, so I had a day off. There was quite a snowstorm anyway, so I had no desire to go out. I didn't get up until 10.30, and read a book all day.

Paul went out and joined a Level 9 class, and was gone all day. Photos were impossible because of the snow which fell all day; there was a white-out most of the time. When Paul got back, he was so exhausted he fell asleep almost immediately. He woke up for supper, had a shower, and then went back to bed. So much for the après ski!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment