Wednesday 15 February 2012

Breckenridge Day 21

Tuesday 14th February

Yes, I did get a Valentine card this morning at breakfast! It was a very amusing one, so I was slightly tempted to photograph it, but I haven't.

I went out to ski this morning, but not for very long. My knees were very sore after yesterday, and today has not improved them. I decided to stick to Peak 9 today, having not enjoyed Peak 8 the previous day, so we did one quick run down the long green slope and then caught the Beaver Run Chair higher up the mountain to the steeper slopes. I wasn't going to post any more pictures of chair lifts, one chair looking much like another, but couldn't resist this one of two almost intersecting lifts - it's a sort of spaghetti junction of chair lifts.




We skied down a blue run called Bonanza, which is quite long and steep in parts and really tried my leg muscles and my poor old knees.



It was a most beautiful morning and there is a wonderful view from high up the mountain. You may be able to see where I am going in the far distance. Paul was hoping I would find it easier than I did, I found the upper part quite steep, though the lower part was easier and I managed far better where it wasn't quite so steep. However, it was obvious my knees wouldn't manage another run down, so I did another three runs on the lower slopes and called it a day before my knees dropped off altogether. We were back to lunch just before 1, and Paul went off on his own in the afternoon to ski the more difficult slopes that I can't even contemplate.

The afternoon turned dull, so I didn't much mind not being on the slopes. At 3.30 I set off for the supermarket, and Paul arrived around 4.30 to help carry things back.

I took this picture while waiting at the bus station. The streets are cleared by snow plough once a week, and snow is taken away. Car parks are also ploughed, but here the snow has been piled up for a while, I don't know how long.



We leave Breckenridge tomorrow for Copper Mountain, where we have a condo for 6 days. There isn't a decent supermarket in Copper Mountain, so we shopped to make sure we take plenty of supplies. Paul has already packed his suitcase, but I still have to do mine. We need to check out at 10 am tomorrow, so the majority of the packing has to be done tonight.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment