Monday 13 February 2012

Breckenridge Day 19

Sunday 12th February

I did not go skiing today. I decided to give my legs a rest, and I needed to go out and buy a boot bag and various other things. This gave Paul an opportunity to go out on his own and do more interesting skiing than he can do with me. He does the more difficult slopes.




This is the sort of slope I have no intention of descending!

I caught a bus to the village and went to the Outlet store, where they had a special on boot bags. I had a little wander round the shops; I rather liked this one.



Later, I had lunch in town before catching a bus back to the Inn.

At 3.30, I set off to walk down to the Supermarket, where three or four days meals weighed me down rather a lot - I am still very breathless. I walked to the bus station and caught a bus back, as I doubted my ability to climb the hill back to the Inn with a huge heavy backpack on my back and other bags in my hand. I even had to have a rest before climbing the stairs to our room.
Our room is up some stairs beyond the hot tub, and the stairs can get quite wet if people splash a lot. I have bought some slippers so my socks don't get wet - my current slipper socks are no good.


It is a very nice way of soaking your aching muscles, so it is quite popular in the late afternoon. The other popular part of the afternoon is tea and cake, which is provided at 4 pm when most people get back from skiing.



People chat over the cake, and there is usually more chat around the table at supper time. There were so many people eating in this evening that this table wasn't big enough, and the big breakfast table had to be used as well.

There have been one or two snow flurries during the day, and it snowed for longer up in the mountains, so there should be some fresh snow and I am hoping that my legs will have sufficiently recovered for me to ski tomorrow. We only have a few more days here, we go to Copper Mountain on the 15th, though we'll be back on 21st.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment