Tuesday 14 February 2012

Breckenridge Day 20

Monday 13th February

It snowed all last night and continued all today, so there was lots of good new snow. I went out to ski, in spite of the fact it was snowing, because I hadn't been out yesterday. It wasn't particularly cold, about 20 degrees F. We started off by taking the bus and the Gondola to Peak 8, and going up to one of the steeper slopes that I did on Saturday. I had hoped to take some good pictures from the Gondola, because the countryside is beautiful, but the perspex viewing panels are too scratched so you can't take a decent photo.

We used a different chair lift up mountain the from last time, and I didn't like it at all. It was old and uncomfortable, and there was no footrest to put your skis on, they just have to dangle. The lift goes up past the Snow Board Park



There weren't a lot of people on it today; it was hard to photograph, because of all the trees, and when the lift got to an area where there were no trees, there was nobody on the slopes. Even if there had been several people, I don't believe I could have photographed them successfully, they move so fast!

I found the slope worryingly steep today, for some reason, and did not ski well.


The visibility wasn't great, and I found I was far too far back in my boots, which makes turns difficult, not to mention making you unstable. So I decided to go back to Peak 9 and practice on the slightly easier slopes so I could concentrate on steering with my toes and not my heels. Paul said I was skiing a lot better there, so I did quite a number of runs, choosing the steeper way, until my legs gave in and we had to come back to a rather late lunch around 2.

Paul intended to go out again in the afternoon on his own, but in the end decided he was too tired and went to bed for the afternoon. I think he really needs a rest day.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment