Saturday 25 February 2012

Breckenridge Day 24

Friday 24th February

I have finally caught up! Today dawned bright and sunny, so we went out to see if I could do a bit better than my previous efforts. The snow was beautiful, and I really enjoyed it. We kept to the green runs, but went higher up the mountain. For some reason today the steepness did not trouble me so much and we had a number of good fast runs down.



You can see what a nice day it was, though it was very windy. You can see how the wind is blowing clouds of snow off the hill in the distance. However, today the wind was blowing up the hill rather than down, so it wasn't nearly so worrying. Two to three hours is enough for me though, my knees ache and my leg muscles wobble, so then it's time to go home. After lunch, Paul went out on his own, but didn't have an entirely successful time because some of the runs he had hoped to do had been closed.

After he came back, we walked up to the Inn to see some friends, and later we had dinner in the local Chinese restaurant with them. Paul thinks I should have a ski lesson tomorrow, but I'm not so sure; my left knee is aching a good deal.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment